Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2009

It's official!!! I'll have a vacation this year...

YES YES YES!!! After first saying we're going to be open all year long, my boss had a talk today with one of her wholesale distributors about the restaurant business in general and after that talk... tadaaaaa... she decided that from 24th of December to including 1st of January we are going to be CLOSED!!!!

That means I'll be off for one whole week!!! And everyone who knows me knows what that means: I'm going to be traveling!

I had plans of joining my parents on their vacation to Southern Egypt. Problem is: I'll be wasting two days inside of airplanes and since XMas is peak time over there, flights booked from a US website would currently be $3700,- roundtrip and reservations in the same hotel are not possible. So after letting my parents know last week that I won't be able to join them, basically back then due to us being opened for XMas, I'm now all free to decide where I want to go.

The decision is going to be tough!!!

Maybe New York, maybe Hawaii, maybe Dominican Republic, maybe Jamaica, maybe Mexico... who knows! Anyways, I'm already looking forward to it and am really thrilled that I get off in my first year of working in the USA!


YIPIEEEEH!!! Nachdem meine Chefin erst sagte, dass wir das ganze Jahr ueber geoeffnet sind, entschied sie sich heute nach einem Gespraech mit einer ihrer Grosshandelslieferanten ueber das Restaurant Business im Allgemeinen, anders! Tadaaaaa... Sie entschloss sich, dass wir vom 24.12. bis einschliesslich 01.01.2010 geschlossen sein werden!!!

Das heisst, das ich eine ganze Woche frei haben werde!!! Und wer mich kennt, weiss, was das bedeutet: Ich werde auf Reisen gehen!

Ich hatte Plaene meine Eltern in ihrem Urlaub nach Sued-Aegypten zu begleiten. Das Problem ist nur: Ich wuerde 2 Tage in Flugzeugen verschwenden und da Weihnachten dort Hauptsaison ist, sind Fluege ueber US Seiten momentan nur zum Preis von $3700,- buchbar und das selbe Hotel gar nicht mehr. Nachdem ich meine Eltern letzte Woche wissen liess, dass es nicht machbar sei, der Grund da noch, dass wir ja geoeffnet sein wuerden, bin ich nun ganz frei zu entscheiden wo es hingeht

Die Entscheidung wird hart!!!!

Vielleicht New York, vielleicht Hawaii, vielleicht Dominikanische Republik, vielleicht Jamaika, vielleicht Mexiko... wer weiss! Egal wohin es gehen wird, ich freue mich wahnsinnig darauf und besonders darueber, dass ich in meinem ersten Jahr in den USA bereits Urlaub haben werde!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen